EDF has been present in India for more than 25 years. During this time, we've regularly partnered with Indian state utilities, developing projects covering the entire value chain of electricity. Today, our mission is to be one of the key partners in the country's ambitious energy development and transition programme.
Active on multiple fronts
EDF's investment in renewables covers 18 solar and wind projects across the whole of India, representing 2.8GW. We are the lead negotiator with Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited for the development of the world's largest nuclear project in Jaitapur and a major player in the country's development of Smart Grids and Smart Cities with several major projects under way.
Employees in India
Indian states where we are present
years of experience in India
5 specialist subsidiairies
To operate in these different fields of expertise, the Group rely on 5 entities:
EDF India, EDF International Networks, Citelum India, EDEN Renewables & EDF Renewables India.
Our teams regularly work in close collaboration with EDF colleagues in France, Singapore and elsewhere in the world.
- 1993 - EDF Group Entered India for Business Opportunities
- 1994 - Won 1082 MW Bhadravati Power Project in Maharashtra as Project Developers under Fast-Track Program of GOI.
- 2001 - NTPC appoints EDF CIH as a Owner's Engineer for its 800 MW Kol Dam Hydro Power Plant
- 2013 - EDF Renewables establishes office to develop Solar Power Plants in India
- 2014 - Citelum O&M Contract with Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation
- 2016 - EDF MoU with NPCIL to develop Jaitapur Nuclear Power Plant
- 2016 - EDF International Networks contract for Project Design & Management Agency for NDMC Smart Grid
- 2018 - EDF India Private Limited Won Contract for 5 Million Smart Meters from EESL
- 2019 - Signing of Way Forward Agreement for Jaitapur Nuclear Power Plant
- 2020 - Contract for Consulting to International Solar Alliance for 'One Sun One World One Grid' Project