A key milestone: EDF’s techno-commercial binding offer submitted in April 2021
GWe base-load CO2–free electricity at one site
million households powered
million tons CO2 emissions per year avoided
Supplying the EPR technology
In the framework of the Techno-Commercial Offer (TCO) submitted to NCPIL in April 2021, EDF and its partners will supply the EPR technology and undertake all Engineering and Procurement activities for the 6 EPR units.
Following the target set by the Industrial Way Forward Agreement (IWFA), NPCIL and EDF work alongside in order to reach a General Framework Agreement in the coming months.
Creating value for India
The JNPP Project will positively bring socio-economic benefits to the Indian economy throughout the 15 years of construction and subsequent 60 years of operation and maintenance of the whole fleet of EPR at Jaitapur. Thousands of jobs will be created during the construction phase for 6 EPR units. The Project will also create numerous induced jobs for the local economy in the vicinity of the plant.
A tailor-made Human Capacity Building offer
EDF provides the right support to its clients in order for them to acquire adequate skills and to become self-sufficient in the nuclear field:
- EDF brings a comprehensive assistance to its clients until they become fully independent in Human Resource Development (support in drawing the relevant strategy, in simulating scenarii to identify potential impacts, and to make ramp up recruitment at the right time).
- EDF delivers tailor-made and just-in-time training with its more than 650 skilled & recognized professional instructors and 35 training centers.
- EDF can contribute to the set-up of the Owner Operator’s on-site nuclear training center with Full Scope Simulator at each site.
- Through its Suppliers Academy, EDF proposes a specific training to get acquainted with its technical and quality requirements to become a qualified supplier for EDF nuclear power plants (overview of the EPR technology, nuclear safety culture, an introduction to codes and standards, description of technical specifications and quality requirements, etc.).
- Eventually, EDF can share its long-term experience in supporting its clients in Human Capacity Building (China, South Africa).